HILTON CHINA: TURN THE YEARNING FOR TRAVEL
TO A CREATION OF NEW MEMORIES
Due to the epidemic, the global tourism has suffered heavy losses and blows in 2020. Hilton launched "To New Memories" in October, its first global marketing campaign since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the objectives: 1）To boost brand preference, ceasing the recovery trend of domestic travel market 2）To reinforce brand trust and enhance Hilton’s leadership positioning in the industry 3）To rebuild the confidence of employees and the whole Chinese tourism industry
OPPORTUNITIES & CHALLENGES
Capture the Local Opportunity Window
- In Q3 2020, Chinese travel demands in domestic leisure market is 90% higher than the previous year.
- No other international or local hotel group invested in branding campaign. Need to be fast & effective for pioneering.
- As the first market to launch the campaign, local narratives need to be created and impact the Chinese leisure travelers.
- Due to the limited budget, the local TVC will not be massively distributed through media buy channels. Need to earn exposure by storytelling and WOM.
Resonation Creation & Amplification
- Heat up the desire to travel. Further arouse the eagerness towards travelling.
- Celebrate your new memories. Precisely targeting Chinese’s dynamic emotional needs on travel to make noise.
- Enhance industrial reputation. Map out the differentiation of the campaign as the China and industry debut strengthening Hilton’s leadership via media penetration.
Reputation Enhancement & Booking Generation
- 70% increase of hotel occupancy rate during the campaign
- Hashtag #To New Memories# is ranking the top 6 in Hot Search on Weibo on Nov 20, achieving 190 million pageview totally with 91,000 engagement by 229 videos and 27,000 participants
- 300+ media reports nationwide, earning over 900 million views