LEGO® BRANDED STORE OPEN:
A CARNIVAL OF INNOVATIVE ADULT FANS OF LEGO®
To offer an engaging, hands-on, and fluid play experience for local families and children, the LEGO® Group opened its first flagship store in 2016 in China. In 2020, to continue building the brand, to expand retail footprint, and to make a positive impact to local communities, the LEGO® Group was about to open the 5th flagship store in Shenzhen city.
Create New Excitement with New Story
- Refresh the excitement as it would be the fifth LEGO® flagship store opened in China
- Establish a direct dialogue with the target audience on social media despite the cacophony of voices
- Highlight a local (southern China market) bonding with brand values and the city
Create Passion & Innovation Together
- Highlight brand values by leveraging the passion and influence of Adult Fans Of LEGO®. Their MOC (my own creation, which are DIY pieces out of LEGO® bricks) artworks were the perfect choice to co-create “storytelling assets”.
- Reach consumers from the top down. From the LCP to the AFOLs, reach the mass audience in the local market through creative storytelling.
- Offer customized innovation social dialogue. Place innovation as the core idea of the campaign.
Talk of Town Effect Creation
- Integrated communication campaign: 159+million PV, 3+billion impression from traditional and social media
- Influencers and local organizations endorsement: 72+million potential outreach and 24+million direct engagements.
- Distinguish cognition from other flagship stores: according to the Baidu Index, users in Shenzhen have the biggest number of searches on keyword “LEGO” nation widely since Oct.2021